Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 12:10:41PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> FWIW, I think it's fine to just nuke MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren.
> We ask extension authors to deal with much more significant API changes
> than that in every release, and versions where the updated code wouldn't
> work are long gone.  And, as you say, the existence of that separate from
> MemoryContextReset creates confusion, which has nonzero cost in itself.

That is my preference as well.  Alvaro, AFAICT you are the only vote
against removing it completely.  If you feel ѕtrongly about it, I don't
mind going the __attribute__((deprecated)) route, but otherwise, I'd
probably just remove it completely.

--
Nathan Bossart