Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
Дата
Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro  (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org>)
Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Nov-13, Nathan Bossart wrote:

> Shall we retire this backwards compatibility macro at this point?  A search
> of https://codesearch.debian.net/ does reveal a few external uses, so we
> could alternatively leave it around and just update Postgres to stop using
> it, but I don't think it would be too burdensome for extension authors to
> fix if we removed it completely.

Let's leave the macro around and just remove its uses in PGDG-owned
code.  Having the macro around hurts nothing, and we can remove it in 15
years or so.

"Entristecido, Wutra                     (canción de Las Barreras)
echa a Freyr a rodar
y a nosotros al mar"