Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 10:59:04AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 04:25:24PM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:
>>> Changes looks pretty much straight forward, but patch failed to apply on the
>>> latest master head(b41b1a7f490) at me.
>
>> Thanks for taking a look.  Would you mind sharing the error(s) you are
>> seeing?  The patch applies fine on cfbot and my machine, and check-world
>> continues to pass.
>
> It may be a question of the tool used to apply the patch.  IME,
> "patch" is pretty forgiving, "git am" very much less so.

Ah.  I just did a 'git diff > file_name' for this one, so you'd indeed need
to use git-apply instead of git-am.  (I ordinarily use git-format-patch,
but I sometimes use git-diff for trivial or prototype patches.)

--
Nathan Bossart