Re: Requiring recovery.signal or standby.signal when recovering with a backup_label

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Requiring recovery.signal or standby.signal when recovering with a backup_label
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-11-14 09:13:44 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 03:41:44PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> >
> > I don't think those are equivalent - in the "backup_label with no signal file"
> > case we start recovery at a different location than the "crash recovery" case
> > does.
>
> It depends on how you see things, and based on my read of the thread
> or the code we've never really put a clear definition what a
> "backup_label with no signal file" should do.  The definition I was
> suggesting is to make it work the same way as crash recovery
> internally:
> - use the start LSN from the backup_label.

That's fundamentally different from crash recovery!

> - replay up to the end of local WAL.
> - don't rely on any recovery GUCs.
> - if at the end of recovery replay has not reached the end-of-backup
> record, then fail.

Also different from crash recovery.

It doesn't make sense to me to say "work the same way" when there are such
fundamental differences.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Requiring recovery.signal or standby.signal when recovering with a backup_label