Re: Compiler warning on Debian 12, PostgreSQL 16 Beta3

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Compiler warning on Debian 12, PostgreSQL 16 Beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Aug-25, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:

> I've just noticed this warning when building on Debian 12:
>
> In file included from /usr/lib/llvm-14/include/llvm/Analysis/ModuleSummaryAnalysis.h:17,
>                  from llvmjit_inline.cpp:51:
> /usr/lib/llvm-14/include/llvm/IR/ModuleSummaryIndex.h: In constructor
‘llvm::ModuleSummaryIndex::ModuleSummaryIndex(bool,bool)’:

> /usr/lib/llvm-14/include/llvm/IR/ModuleSummaryIndex.h:1175:73: warning: member ‘llvm::ModuleSummaryIndex::Alloc’ is
useduninitialized [-Wuninitialized]

>  1175 |       : HaveGVs(HaveGVs), EnableSplitLTOUnit(EnableSplitLTOUnit), Saver(Alloc),

Yeah, I get this one too.  I thought commit 37d5babb5cfa ("jit: Support
opaque pointers in LLVM 16.") was going to silence it, but I was quite
mistaken.  I gave that code a quick look and could not understand what
it was complaining about.  Is it a bug in the LLVM headers?

Adding Andres and Thomas to CC, because they're the ones touching the
LLVM / JIT code.

Any clues?

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Buffer Cache Problem
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: meson documentation build open issues