RE: pg_dump not dumping the run_as_owner setting from version 16?

От Philip Warner
Тема RE: pg_dump not dumping the run_as_owner setting from version 16?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > I as far as I can tell, pg_dump does not dup the ‘run_as_owner` setting for a subscription.

> > Should it? Should I submit a patch? It seems pretty trivial to fix if anyone else is working on it.

> Yes, it certainly should.  That is an omission in 482675987b.

> Go ahead and write a fix!

Please find attached a patch for pg_dump to honour the setting of `run_as_owner`; I believe that effective pre-16 behavious was to run as owner, so I have set the flag to ‘t’ for pre-16 versions. Please let me know if you would prefer the opposite.

> > Further to this: it seems that `Alter Subscription X Set(Run_As_Owner=True);`

> > has no influence on the `subrunasowner` column of pg_subscriptions.

> This seems to have been fixed in f062cddafe.

Yes, I can confirm that in the current head `pg_subscriptions` reflects the setting correctly.