Re: Parsing libpq PQtrace files

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Parsing libpq PQtrace files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-Oct-17, Dominique Devienne wrote:

> But then on Parse, the query text, which also contains embedded
> newlines but also embedded double-quotes, for column aliases, or table
> names, or whatever, even why not a single char literal like '"' (i.e.
> single-quote, double-quote, single-quote), seems to be double-quoted
> only. So how am I supposed to know when the SQL ends?

Yeah, I've never heard of anybody trying to machine-parse these lines,
so if those points are not addressed in the trace output, that probably
explains why.  It would probably be a good idea to change that.  This
stuff is relatively new, and most likely has thus far only used by
visual inspecting the contents of the trace file (at least that's how
*I* have used them), and only with very simple dummy queries.

So, patches welcome, I guess.

"En las profundidades de nuestro inconsciente hay una obsesiva necesidad
de un universo lógico y coherente. Pero el universo real se halla siempre
un paso más allá de la lógica" (Irulan)