Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-10-11 21:59:50 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> +#else
> +    LLVMPassBuilderOptionsRef options;
> +    LLVMErrorRef err;
> +    int            compile_optlevel;
> +    char       *passes;
> +
> +    if (context->base.flags & PGJIT_OPT3)
> +        compile_optlevel = 3;
> +    else
> +        compile_optlevel = 0;
> +
> +    passes = psprintf("default<O%d>,mem2reg,function(no-op-function),no-op-module",
> +                      compile_optlevel);

I don't think the "function(no-op-function),no-op-module" bit does something
particularly useful?

I also don't think we should add the mem2reg pass outside of -O0 - running it
after a real optimization pipeline doesn't seem useful and might even make the
code worse? mem2reg is included in default<O1> (and obviously also in O3).

Thanks for working on this stuff!

I'm working on setting up buildfarm animals for 16, 17, each once with
a normal and an assertion enabled LLVM build.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Test 026_overwrite_contrecord fails on very slow machines (under Valgrind)
Сообщение: Re: Test 026_overwrite_contrecord fails on very slow machines (under Valgrind)