Re: pg_resetwal: Corrections around -c option

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_resetwal: Corrections around -c option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Oct-10, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 09.10.23 17:48, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Hmm, not sure about this.  [...]
>
> Would those issues also apply to the other SLRU-based guides on this man
> page?  Are they all a bit wrong?

I didn't verify, but I think it's likely that they do and they are.

> > Not sure how to write this concisely, though.  Should we really try?
>
> Maybe not.  But the documentation currently suggests you can try (probably
> somewhat copy-and-pasted).

I bet this has not been thoroughly verified.

Perhaps we should have (somewhere outside the option list) a separate
paragraph that explains how to determine the safest maximum value to
use, and list only the multiplier together with each option.