Re: Bounds error in LockMethodInit().

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bounds error in LockMethodInit().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> I have no idea what that numModes++ line is doing there.

I think the notion is that the lock modes are counted in 1-based
numbering; the copy loop starts at 0 so it needs an extra iteration.
Look at the uses of numLockModes for evidence.  (Note the extra zero
at the start of LockConflicts[].  Why it's bothering to copy that,
I dunno.)

I agree the call from lmgr.c is bogus though --- should be doing
something involving lengthof(LockConflicts), probably.  The existing
coding would fail to raise a flag if someone added a few more lock
modes without increasing MAX_LOCKMODES.