Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 12:17:04PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> +# Bump the query timeout to avoid false negatives on slow test systems.
> +my $psql_timeout_secs = 4 * $PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::timeout_default;
>
> Should we bump the timeout like this for all systems?  I interpreted Noah's
> comment such that it should be possible for slower systems to override, not
> that it should be extended everywhere, but I might have missed something.

This is the conventional way to do it.  For an operation far slower than a
typical timeout_default situation, the patch can and should dilate the default
timeout like this.  The patch version as of my last comment was extending the
timeout but also blocking users from extending it further via
PG_TEST_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT.  The latest version restores PG_TEST_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT
reactivity, resolving my comment.