Re: Tab completion for ATTACH PARTITION

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Tab completion for ATTACH PARTITION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Sep-13, bt23nguyent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, the psql's tab completion feature does not support properly for
> ATTACH PARTITION. When <TAB> key is typed after "ALTER TABLE <table_name>
> ATTACH PARTITION ", all possible table names should be displayed, however,
> foreign table names are not displayed. So I created a patch that addresses
> this issue by ensuring that psql displays not only normal table names but
> also foreign table names in this case.

Sounds reasonable, but I think if we're going to have a specific query
for this case, we should make it a lot more precise.  For example, any
relation that's already a partition cannot be attached; as can't any
relation that is involved in legacy inheritance as either parent or
child.

"This is a foot just waiting to be shot"                (Andrew Dunstan)