Re: psql help message contains excessive indentations

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: psql help message contains excessive indentations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 07 Sep 2023 14:29:56 +0900 (JST)
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> This topic is extracted from [1].
>
> As mentioned there, in psql, running \? displays the following lines.
>
>  >  \gdesc                 describe result of query, without executing it
>  >  \gexec                 execute query, then execute each value in its result
>  >  \gset [PREFIX]         execute query and store result in psql variables
>  >  \gx [(OPTIONS)] [FILE] as \g, but forces expanded output mode
>  >  \q                     quit psql
>  >  \watch [[i=]SEC] [c=N] [m=MIN]
> !>                          execute query every SEC seconds, up to N times
> !>                          stop if less than MIN rows are returned
>
> The last two lines definitely have some extra indentation.

Agreed.

> I've attached a patch that fixes this.

I wonder this better to fix this in similar way to other places where the
description has multiple lines., like "\g [(OPTIONS)] [FILE]".

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>