Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Дата
Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Alexander,

Thanks for testing.

On 2023-Aug-31, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> 25.08.2023 14:38, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I have now pushed this again.  Hopefully it'll stick this time.
>
> I've found that after that commit the following query:
> CREATE TABLE t(a int PRIMARY KEY) PARTITION BY RANGE (a);
> CREATE TABLE tp1(a int);
> ALTER TABLE t ATTACH PARTITION tp1 FOR VALUES FROM (0) to (1);
>
> triggers a server crash:

Hmm, that's some weird code I left there all right.  Can you please try
this patch?  (Not final; I'll review it more completely later,
particularly to add this test case.)

<Schwern> It does it in a really, really complicated way
<crab> why does it need to be complicated?
<Schwern> Because it's MakeMaker.

Вложения