Re: broken master regress tests

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: broken master regress tests
Дата
Re: broken master regress tests  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Aug-27, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 3:03 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So it looks so IPC::Run::run is ignore parent environment
>
> I guess the new initdb template captures lc_messages in
> postgresql.conf, when it runs earlier?  I guess if you put
> $node->append_conf('postgresql.conf', 'lc_messages=C'); into
> src/bin/pg_amcheck/t/003_check.pl then it will work.  I'm not sure
> what the correct fix should be, ie if the template mechanism should
> notice this difference and not use the template, or if tests that
> depend on the message locale should explicitly say so with
> lc_messages=C or similar (why is this the only one?), or ...

So I tried this technique, but it gest old pretty fast: apparently
there's a *ton* of tests that depend on the locale.  I gave up after
patching the first five files, and noticing that in a second run there
another half a dozen failing tests that hadn't failed the first time
around.  (Not sure why this happened.)

So I think injecting --no-locale to the initdb line that creates the
template is a better approach; something like the attached.

Вложения