Re: subscription/015_stream sometimes breaks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: subscription/015_stream sometimes breaks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Aug-29, Amit Kapila wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 5:35 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 8:15 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > IMO there are inconsistencies in the second patch that was pushed.

> I find your suggestions reasonable. Alvaro, do you have any comments?

Well, my main comment is that at this point I'm not sure these
isFooWorker() macros are worth their salt.  It looks like we could
replace their uses with direct type comparisons in their callsites and
remove them, with no loss of readability.  The am_sth_worker() are
probably a bit more useful, though some of the callsites could end up
better if replaced with straight type comparison.

All in all, I don't disagree with Peter's suggestions, but this is
pretty much in "meh" territory for me.