Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 01:15:55PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 1:31 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Should we add those?  Patch attached.
>
> I think that that makes sense.

Committed.

> I just don't want to normalize updating
> .git-blame-ignore-revs very frequently. (Actually, it's more like I
> don't want to normalize any scheme that makes updating the ignore list
> very frequently start to seem reasonable.)

Agreed.  I've found myself habitually running pgindent since becoming a
committer, but I'm sure I'll forget it one of these days.  From a quick
skim of this thread, it sounds like a pre-commit hook [0] might be the best
option at the moment.

[0] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git#Using_git_hooks

--
Nathan Bossart