Re: pg_logical_emit_message() misses a XLogFlush()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pg_logical_emit_message() misses a XLogFlush()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-08-16 12:37:21 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I won't fight much if there are objections to backpatching, but that's
> not really wise (no idea how much EDB's close flavor of BDR relies on
> that).

To be clear: I don't just object to backpatching, I also object to making
existing invocations flush WAL in HEAD. I do not at all object to adding a
parameter that indicates flushing, or a separate function to do so. The latter
might be better, because it allows you to flush a group of messages, rather
than a single one.

Greetings,

Andres Freund