Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-08-11 13:59:40 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 7:08 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > I have set up a new buildfarm animal called koel which will run the module.
>
> I'm starting to have doubts about this policy. There have now been
> quite a few follow-up "fixes" to indentation issues that koel
> complained about. None of these fixups have been included in
> .git-blame-ignore-revs. If things continue like this then "git blame"
> is bound to become much less usable over time.

I'm not sure I buy that that's going to be a huge problem - most of the time
such fixups are pretty small compared to larger reindents.

> I don't think that it makes sense to invent yet another rule for
> .git-blame-ignore-revs, though. Will we need another buildfarm member
> to enforce that rule, too?

We could a test that fails when there's some mis-indented code. That seems
like it might catch things earlier?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: AssertLog instead of Assert in some places
Сообщение: Re: AssertLog instead of Assert in some places