Re: pgbench: allow to exit immediately when any client is aborted

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: pgbench: allow to exit immediately when any client is aborted
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 02:15:01 +0200 (CEST)
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

> Hello Yugo-san,
>
> > There are cases where "goto done" is used where some error like
> > "invalid socket: ..." happens. I would like to make pgbench exit in
> > such cases, too, so I chose to handle errors below the "done:" label.
> > However, we can change it to call "exit" instead of "goo done" at each
> > place. Do you think this is better?
>
> Good point.
>
> Now I understand the "!= FINISHED", because indeed in these cases the done
> is reached with unfinished but not necessarily ABORTED clients, and the
> comment was somehow misleading.
>
> On reflection, there should be only one exit() call, thus I'd say to keep
> the "goto done" as you did, but to move the checking loop *before* the
> disconnect_all, and the overall section comment could be something like
> "possibly abort if any client is not finished, meaning some error
> occured", which is consistent with the "!= FINISHED" condition.

Thank you for your suggestion.
I'll fix as above and submit a updated patch soon.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>

Сообщение: Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?
Сообщение: Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?