Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: add timing information to pg_upgrade
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 09:46:02AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 31.07.23 20:37, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> -    prep_status("Checking for incompatible \"aclitem\" data type in user tables");
>> +    prep_status("Checking for \"aclitem\" data type in user tables");
>
> Why these changes?  I think this is losing precision about what it's doing.

The message is too long, so there's no space between it and the "ok"
message:

    Checking for incompatible "aclitem" data type in user tablesok

Instead of altering the messages, we could bump MESSAGE_WIDTH from 60 to
62 or 64.  Do you prefer that approach?  (BTW this probably needs to be
back-patched to v16.)

--
Nathan Bossart