Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Jul-25, Isaac Morland wrote:

> I agree. I definitely do *not* want a bunch of NOT NULL constraint names
> cluttering up displays. Can we legislate that all NOT NULL implementing
> constraints are named by mashing together the table name, column name, and
> something to identify it as a NOT NULL constraint?

All constraints are named like that already, and NOT NULL constraints
just inherited the same idea.  The names are <table>_<column>_not_null
for NOT NULL constraints.  pg_dump goes great lengths to avoid printing
constraint names when they have this pattern.

I do not want these constraint names cluttering the output either.
That's why I propose moving them to a new \d++ command, where they will
only bother you if you absolutely need them.  But so far I have only one
vote supporting that idea.