Re: Inefficiency in parallel pg_restore with many tables

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Inefficiency in parallel pg_restore with many tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 04:19:41PM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> In v3, I moved the Datum definitions to c.h.  I first tried modifying
> binaryheap to use "int" or "void *" instead, but that ended up requiring
> some rather invasive changes in backend code, not to mention any extensions
> that happen to be using it.  I also looked into moving the definitions to a
> separate datumdefs.h header that postgres.h would include, but that felt
> awkward because 1) postgres.h clearly states that it is intended for things
> "that never escape the backend" and 2) the definitions seem relatively
> inexpensive.  However, I think the latter option is still viable, so I'm
> fine with switching to it if folks think that is a better approach.

BTW we might be able to replace the open-coded heap in pg_dump_sort.c
(added by 79273cc) with a binaryheap, too.

--
Nathan Bossart

Сообщение: Re: Inefficiency in parallel pg_restore with many tables
Сообщение: Re: Inefficiency in parallel pg_restore with many tables