Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Jul-03, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 30.06.23 13:44, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > OK, so here's a new attempt to get this working correctly.
>
> Attached is a small fixup patch for the documentation.
>
> Furthermore, there are a few outdated comments that are probably left over
> from previous versions of this patch set.

Thanks!  I've incorporated your doc fixes and applied fixes for almost
all the other issues you listed; and fixed a couple of additional
issues, such as

* adding a test to regress for an error message that wasn't covered (and
  removed the XXX comment about that)
* remove a pointless variable addition to pg_dump (leftover from a
  previous implementation of constraint capture)
* adapt the sepgsql tests again (we don't recurse to children when
  there's nothing to do, so an object hook invocation doesn't happen
  anymore -- I think)
* made ATExecSetAttNotNull return the constraint address
* more outdated comments adjustment in MergeAttributes

Most importantly, I fixed table creation for LIKE inheritance, as I
described upthread already.

The one thing I have not touched is add ¬_valid to processCASbits()
in gram.y; rather I added a comment that NOT VALID is not yet suported.
I think adding support for that is a reasonably easy on top of this
patch, but since it also requires more pg_dump support and stuff, I'd
rather not mix it in at this point.  The pg_upgrade support is already
quite a house of cards and it drove me crazy.

So, attached is v10.

"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability
and continuity, the company should be independent of the competence of
individual employees."                                      (E. Dijkstra)

Вложения