Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 11:19:38AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> [ emerges from hibernation ]

Welcome back.

> If we're not going to fix the feature so that it doesn't break the
> security model, we should probably just revert it. I don't understand
> at all the idea of shipping something that we 100% know is broken.

Given Jeff's commit followed the precedent set by the fix for
CVE-2018-1058, I'm inclined to think he was on the right track.  Perhaps a
more targeted fix, such as only changing search_path when the command is
not run by the table owner (as suggested upthread [0]) is worth
considering.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/CAKFQuwaVJkM9u%2BqpOaom2UkPE1sz0BASF-E5amxWPxncUhm4Hw%40mail.gmail.com

--
Nathan Bossart