Re: Allow pg_archivecleanup to remove backup history files

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Allow pg_archivecleanup to remove backup history files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:27:36 +0900, torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote in
> On 2023-06-19 14:37, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 11:24:29AM +0900, torikoshia wrote:
> >> Thanks, now I understand what you meant.
> > If I may ask, why is the refactoring of 0003 done after the feature in
> > 0002?  Shouldn't the order be reversed?  That would make for a cleaner
> > git history.
> > --
> > Michael
>
> Agreed.
> Reversed the order of patches 0002 and 0003.

Yeah, that is a possible division. However, I meant that we have room
to refactor and decrease the nesting level even further, considering
that 0003 already does this to some extent, when I suggested it. In
that sense, moving the nest-reduction part of 0003 into 0002 makes us
possible to focus on the point of this patch.

What do you think about the attached version?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center