Re: Add support for AT LOCAL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Add support for AT LOCAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Jun-06, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> At a quick glance, it looks like you resolve "timezone" at the time
> the query is parsed.  Shouldn't the resolution happen at query
> execution time?

Sounds like it -- consider the case where the timestamp value is a
partition key and one of the partition boundaries falls in between two
timezone offsets for some particular ts value; then you use a prepared
query to read from a view defined with AT LOCAL.  Partition pruning
would need to compute partitions to read from at runtime, not plan time.