Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-06-05 12:04:29 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 7:49 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > IMO this makes sense for v16. These new arguments were introduced in
> > v16, so if we have second thoughts, now is the right time to change
> > them, before v16 is released. It will reduce the backpatching effort in
> > the future; if we apply this in v17, then v16 will be the odd one out.
>
> My current plan is to commit this later in the week, unless there are
> further objections. Wednesday or possibly Thursday.

-1. For me separating the P_NEW path makes a lot of sense, but isn't 16
material.  I don't agree that it's a problem to have heaprel as a parameter in
a bunch of places that don't strictly need it today.

I don't really understand why the patch does s/heaprel/heapRel/. Most of these
functions aren't actually using camelcase parameters? This part of the change
just blows up the size, making it harder to review.

Greetings,

Andres Freund