Re: Assert failure of the cross-check for nullingrels

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Assert failure of the cross-check for nullingrels
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-May-21, Tom Lane wrote:

> Since we're hard up against the beta1 wrap deadline, I went ahead
> and pushed the v5 patch.  I doubt that it's perfect yet, but it's
> a small change and demonstrably fixes the cases we know about.
>
> As I said in the commit message, the main knock I'd lay on v5
> is "why not use required_relids all the time?".

So, is this done?  I see that you made other commits fixing related code
several days after this email, but none seems to match the changes you
posted in this patch; and also it's not clear to me that there's any
test case where this patch is expected to change behavior.  (So there's
also a question of whether this is a bug fix or rather some icying on
cake.)