Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> For the record, I think this will be a disaster.  There is far too
>> much
>> code that will get broken, largely silently, and much of it is not
>> under our control.
>>

> If we were starting out today we would probably choose a threaded
> implementation. But moving to threaded now seems to me like a
> multi-year-multi-person project with the prospect of years to come
> chasing bugs and the prospect of fairly modest advantages. The risk to
> reward doesn't look great.

+1.

Long time ago (PostgreSQL 7 days) I modified PostgreSQL to threaded
implementation so that it runs on Windows because there's was no
Windows port of PostgreSQL at that time. I don't remember the details
but it was desperately hard for me.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii