Re: Maintaining accents with "COPY" ?

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Maintaining accents with "COPY" ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-05-25 07:14:40 +0000, Laura Smith wrote:
> I'm currently doing a CSV export using COPY:
>
> COPY (select * from foo where bar='foo') TO '/tmp/bar.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER;
>

> This works great apart from accents are not preserved in the output,
> for example é gets converted to random characters, e.g. √© or similar.

How do you check the output?

If a single character is turned into 2 or 3 characters the issue is
usually that the program which produces the output (in the case of COPY
I think that would be the PostgreSQL server, not the client) produces
UTF-8, but the program consuming it expects an 8-bit character set
(typically windows-1252). See if oyu can tell that program that the file
is in UTF-8.

> How can I preserve accents ?

They probably already are preserved.

        hp