Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-05-24 19:57:39 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 5/24/23 5:28 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >
> > I think the relation extension improvements ought to be mentioned here as
> > well? Up to 3x faster concurrent data load with COPY seems practically
> > relevant.
>
> I missed that -- not sure I'm finding it in the release notes with a quick
> grep -- which commit/thread is this?

It was split over quite a few commits, the one improving COPY most
significantly is

commit 00d1e02be24987180115e371abaeb84738257ae2
Author: Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
Date:   2023-04-06 16:35:21 -0700

    hio: Use ExtendBufferedRelBy() to extend tables more efficiently

Relevant thread: https://postgr.es/m/20221029025420.eplyow6k7tgu6he3@awork3.anarazel.de

It's in the release notes as:
  Allow more efficient addition of heap and index pages (Andres Freund)

Greetings,

Andres Freund