Re: Memory leak from ExecutorState context?

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: Memory leak from ExecutorState context?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, 16 May 2023 12:01:51 +0200 Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com>
wrote:

> On 5/16/23 00:15, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 May 2023 23:47:53 +0200
> > Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >> I'm not really sure about calling this "hybrid hash-join". What does it
> >> even mean? The new comments simply describe the existing batching, and
> >> how we increment number of batches, etc.
> >
> > Unless I'm wrong, I believed it comes from the "Hybrid hash join algorithm"
> > as described here (+ see pdf in this page ref):
> >
> >   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_join#Hybrid_hash_join
> >
> > I added the ref in the v7 documentation to avoid futur confusion, is it ok?
>
> Ah, I see. I'd just leave out the "hybrid" entirely. We've lived without
> it until now, we know what the implementation does ...

I changed the title, but kept the reference. There's still two other uses
of "hybrid hash join algorithm" in function and code comments. Keeping the ref
in this header doesn't cost much and help new comers.

> >> 0002
> >> The modified comment in hashjoin.h has a some alignment issues.
> >
> > I see no alignment issue. I suppose what bother you might be the spaces
> > before spillCxt and batchCxt to show they are childs of hashCxt? Should I
> > remove them?
>
> It didn't occur to me this is intentional to show the contexts are
> children of hashCxt, so maybe it's not a good way to document that. I'd
> remove it, and if you think it's something worth mentioning, I'd add an
> explicit comment.

Changed.

Thanks,

Вложения