Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Apr-24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> The GUC settings lc_collate and lc_ctype are from a time when those locale
> settings were cluster-global.  When we made those locale settings
> per-database (PG 8.4), we kept them as read-only.  As of PG 15, you can use
> ICU as the per-database locale provider, so what is being attempted in the
> above example is already meaningless before PG 16, since you need to look
> into pg_database to find out what is really happening.
>
> I think we should just remove the GUC parameters lc_collate and lc_ctype.

I agree with removing these in v16, since they are going to become more
meaningless and confusing.

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [DOC] Update ALTER SUBSCRIPTION documentation