Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2023-May-07, Thomas Munro wrote:

> Did you previously run this same workload on versions < 15 and never
> see any problem?  15 gained a new feature CREATE DATABASE ...
> STRATEGY=WAL_LOG, which is also the default.  I wonder if there is a
> bug somewhere near that, though I have no specific idea.  If you
> explicitly added STRATEGY=FILE_COPY to your CREATE DATABASE commands,
> you'll get the traditional behaviour.

Maybe it would be sensible to make STRATEGY_FILE=FILE_COPY the default
again, for branch 15, before today's release.

"Doing what he did amounts to sticking his fingers under the hood of the
implementation; if he gets his fingers burnt, it's his problem."  (Tom Lane)