Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 11 Apr 2023 15:17:46 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 05:25:46PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > Wouldn't storing the value in the shared memory itself work? Though,
> > that space does become almost dead for the server's lifetime...
>
> Sure, it would work.  However, we'd still need an interface for the
> extra function.  At this point, a GUC with an unknown state is kind of
> OK for me.  Anyway, where would you stick this state?

(Digging memory..)

Sorry for confusion but I didn't mean to stick to the function.  Just
I thought that some people seem to dislike having the third state for
the should-be-boolean variable.

So, I'm okay with GUC, having "unknown".

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center