Re: daitch_mokotoff module

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: daitch_mokotoff module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-04-07 21:13:43 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > That seems fine to me.  I'll check this over and see if I can get
> > it pushed today.
>
> I pushed this after some mostly-cosmetic fiddling.  Most of the
> buildfarm seems okay with it, but crake's perlcritic run is not:
>
> ./contrib/fuzzystrmatch/daitch_mokotoff_header.pl: I/O layer ":utf8" used at line 15, column 5.  Use
":encoding(UTF-8)"to get strict validation.  ([InputOutput::RequireEncodingWithUTF8Layer] Severity: 5)

> Any suggestions on exactly how to pacify that?

You could follow it's advise and replace the :utf8 with :encoding(UTF-8), that
works here. Or disable it in that piece of code with ## no critic
(RequireEncodingWithUTF8Layer) Or we could disable the warning in
perlcriticrc for all files?

Unless it's not available with old versions, using :encoding(UTF-8) seems
sensible?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: check_GUC_init(wal_writer_flush_after) fails with non-default block size
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: daitch_mokotoff module