Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-04-05 12:24:04 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 15.03.23 08:14, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > 3. The various build targets and their combinations are mismatching and
> > incomplete.
>
> This has been improved, and I see there is documentation.
>
> I think it's still an issue that "make docs" builds html and man but "ninja
> docs" only builds html.  For some reason the wiki page actually claims that
> ninja docs builds both, but this does not happen for me.

It used to, but Tom insisted that it should not. I'm afraid that it's not
quite possible to emulate make here. 'make docs' at the toplevel builds both
HTML and manpages. But 'make -C doc/src/sgml', only builds HTML.

> > 5. There doesn't appear to be an equivalent of "make world" and "make
> > install-world" that includes documentation builds.
>
> This has been addressed with the additional meson auto options.  But it
> seems that these options only control building, not installing, so there is
> no "install-world" aspect yet.

I'm not following - install-world install docs if the docs feature is
available, and not if not?

Greetings,

Andres Freund