Re: BUG #17812: LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE with a view returns an empty tuple set

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #17812: LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE with a view returns an empty tuple set
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 01, 2023 at 01:53:22AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
> > Session 4:
> > create table tbl2 as select * from view1;
> > SELECT 0
>
> > Why is it OK for session 4 to be different here?
>
> Maybe it isn't.  The code flow for CREATE TABLE AS is a bit weird
> IIRC, and maybe it's missing a step where we should update the
> active snapshot.

I think it comes from this chunk in ExecCreateTableAs():

        rewritten = QueryRewrite(query);

        /* SELECT should never rewrite to more or less than one SELECT query */
        if (list_length(rewritten) != 1)
            elog(ERROR, "unexpected rewrite result for %s",
                 is_matview ? "CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW" :
                 "CREATE TABLE AS SELECT");
        query = linitial_node(Query, rewritten);
        Assert(query->commandType == CMD_SELECT);

        /* plan the query */
        plan = pg_plan_query(query, pstate->p_sourcetext,
                             CURSOR_OPT_PARALLEL_OK, params);

        /*
         * Use a snapshot with an updated command ID to ensure this query sees
         * results of any previously executed queries.  (This could only
         * matter if the planner executed an allegedly-stable function that
         * changed the database contents, but let's do it anyway to be
         * parallel to the EXPLAIN code path.)
         */
        PushCopiedSnapshot(GetActiveSnapshot());
        UpdateActiveSnapshotCommandId();

        /* Create a QueryDesc, redirecting output to our tuple receiver */
        queryDesc = CreateQueryDesc(plan, pstate->p_sourcetext,
                                    GetActiveSnapshot(), InvalidSnapshot,
                                    dest, params, queryEnv, 0);

It seems to clearly be in contradiction with our usual rule that planning and
execution should have a different snapshot.