Re: add PROCESS_MAIN to VACUUM

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: add PROCESS_MAIN to VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 03:30:15PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 03:24:09PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > For completeness, did you consider CLUSTER and REINDEX options as well?
>
> I have not, but I can put together patches for those as well.

Are you planning to do that here, on this thread ?

It seems like a good idea - it would allow simplifying an existing or
future scripts which needs to reindex a toast table, saving the trouble
of looking up the name of the toast table, and a race condition and
server error log if the table itself were processed.  I can imagine that
might happen if a separate process used TRUNCATE, for example.

--
Justin