Re: Change xl_hash_vacuum_one_page.ntuples from int to uint16

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Change xl_hash_vacuum_one_page.ntuples from int to uint16
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

On 2023-02-17 08:30:09 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Thanks, I was not completely sure about whether we need to bump
> XLOG_PAGE_MAGIC for this patch as this makes the additional space just
> by changing the datatype of one of the members of the existing WAL
> record. We normally change it for the addition/removal of new fields
> aka change in WAL record format, or addition of a new type of WAL
> record. Does anyone else have an opinion/suggestion on this matter?

I'd definitely change it - the width of a field still means you can't really
parse the old WAL sensibly anymore.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Zheng Li
Сообщение: Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Reducing System Allocator Thrashing of ExecutorState to Alleviate FDW-related Performance Degradations