Re: DDL result is lost by CREATE DATABASE with WAL_LOG strategy

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: DDL result is lost by CREATE DATABASE with WAL_LOG strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 04:49:38AM +0000, Ryo Matsumura (Fujitsu) wrote:
> The above is occured by the following call.
> The argument 'permanent' of ReadBufferWithoutRelcache() is passed to
> BufferAlloc() as 'relpersistence'.
>
> [src/backend/commands/]
>  298         buf = ReadBufferWithoutRelcache(rnode, MAIN_FORKNUM, blkno,
>  299                                         RBM_NORMAL, bstrategy, false);

Indeed, setting that to true (as per the attached patch) seems to fix this.
I don't see any reason this _shouldn't_ be true from what I've read so far.
We're reading pg_class, which will probably never be UNLOGGED.

--
Nathan Bossart

Вложения