Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:35:01 -0800, Maciek Sakrejda <m.sakrejda@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 11:08 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > One thing I started to wonder about since is whether we should remove the io_
> > prefix from io_object, io_context. The prefixes make sense on the C level, but
> > it's not clear to me that that's also the case on the table level.
>
> Yeah, +1. It's hard to argue that there would be any confusion,
> considering `io_` is in the name of the view.

We usually add such prefixes to the columns of system views and
catalogs, but it seems that's not the case for the stats views. Thus
+1 from me, too.

> (Unless, I suppose, some other, non-I/O, "some_object" or
> "some_context" column were to be introduced to this view in the
> future. But that doesn't seem likely?)

I don't think that can happen. As for corss-views ambiguity, that is
already present. Many columns in stats views share the same names with
some other views.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi