Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Reconcile stats in find_tabstat_entry() and get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 13 Feb 2023 08:09:50 +0100, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote in
>> I think this is useful beyond being able to generate those functions
>> with
>> macros. The fact that we had to deal with transactional code in
>> pgstatfuncs.c
>> meant that a lot of the relevant itnernals had to be exposed "outside"
>> pgstat,
>> which seems architecturally not great.
>>
> Right, good point.

Agreed.

> Removing the pfrees in V2 attached.

Ah, that sound good.

     if (!entry_ref)
+    {
         entry_ref = pgstat_fetch_pending_entry(PGSTAT_KIND_RELATION, InvalidOid, rel_id);
+        return tablestatus;
+    }

We should return something if the call returns a non-null value?

So, since we want to hide the internal from pgstatfuncs, the
additional flag should be gone. If the additional cost doesn't bother
anyone, I don't mind to remove the flag.  The patch will get far
simpler by that.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi