Re: proposal: psql: psql variable BACKEND_PID

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: proposal: psql: psql variable BACKEND_PID
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-02-04 15:35:58 -0500, Corey Huinker wrote:
> This effectively makes the %p prompt (which I use in the example above) the
> same as %:BACKEND_PID: and we may want to note that in the documentation.

I don't really see much of a point in noting this in the doc.  I don't know in
what situation a user would be helped by reading

+         This substitution is almost equal to using <literal>%:BACKEND_PID:</literal>,
+         but it is safer, because psql variable can be overwriten or unset.

or just about any reformulation of that?

Сообщение: Re: refactoring relation extension and BufferAlloc(), faster COPY
Сообщение: Re: refactoring relation extension and BufferAlloc(), faster COPY