Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-02-05 16:52:07 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I did survey available meson versions, and chose what features to
> use. But not really ninja, since I didn't know about this specific issue
> and other than this the ninja version differences were handled by meson.

RHEL world confuses me a fair bit. And it seems to have gotten painful to even
get a realistic RHEL-like setup.

RHEL7 epel has ninja 1.10
RHEL8 code ready builder has ninja 1.8
RHEL8 epel does not have ninja
RHEL9 code ready builder has ninja 1.10

So actually RHEL8 doesn't suffice without something external, but RHEL7 + epel
does. Huh.

As pointed out by Aleksander downthread, it's easy to build on RHEL8 if you're
ok using pip, it's just "pip3.6 install meson ninja".

I tried to compile an OS matrix for some relevant OSs / OS versions:

                OS                                        Currently
                Supported       OS Ver          Ninja Ver       Python Version  Meson Version   Sufficient

Debian          unoffical       10              1.8             3.7             0.49            n
Debian          y               11              1.10            3.9             0.56            y
Fedora          n               32              1.10            3.8             0.55            y
FreeBSD         y               12              1.11            3.9             1.0             y
NetBSD          y               8.2             1.11            3.9             0.62            y
OpenBSD         y               7.1             1.10            3.9             0.62            y
RHEL            y               7 + epel        1.10            3.6             0.55            y
RHEL            y               8 + crb         1.8             3.6             0.58            n
RHEL            y               9 + crb         1.10            3.9             0.58            y
Ubuntu          y               18.04           1.8             3.6             0.45            n
Ubuntu          y               20.04           1.10            3.8             0.53            n
Ubuntu          y               22.04           1.10            3.10            0.61            y
openSUSE Leap   y               15.3            1.10            3.6             0.54            y

The only not sufficient ones that bother me to some degree are Ubuntu 20.04
and RHEL 8. The issues are different, oddly enough. Ubuntu has a new enough
ninja, but meson is too old, RHEL has it the other way around.

Greetings,

Andres