Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 04:53:37PM +0100, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Maybe I misread the code (actually I only read the patch), but -- does
> it set active=true when huge_pages=on?  I think the code only works when
> huge_pages=try.  That might be pretty confusing; I think it should say
> "on" in both cases.

+1

Also, while this is indeed a runtime-computed parameter, it won't be
initialized until after 'postgres -C' has been handled, so 'postgres -C'
will always report it as "off".  However, I'm not sure it makes sense to
check it with 'postgres -C' anyway since you want to know if the current
server is using huge pages.

At the moment, I think I'd vote for a new function instead of a GUC.

--
Nathan Bossart