Re: PostgreSQL 16 Dev apt-based Linux unable to install

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 16 Dev apt-based Linux unable to install
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 10:46:42AM +0100, André Verwijs wrote:

> PostgreSQL 16 Dev  apt-based Linux,  unable to install  ....
> make sure all dependencies are resolved, like libpq5 (or higher) for testing
>
> " postgresql-client-16 : Prerequisites: libpq5 (>= 16~~devel) but
> 15.1-1.pgdg+1+b1 will be installed "

Few things:

You're always going to want to show the command that you ran in addition
to the error that you got.

This has to do with the debian packages, and not to postgres itself, so
this other list is a better place to ask than -hackers:
https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-pkg-debian/

I think you'll need to use a command like
sudo apt-get install postgresql-16 -t buster-pgdg-snapshot

--
Justin