Re: A bug with ExecCheckPermissions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: A bug with ExecCheckPermissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Feb-08, o.tselebrovskiy@postgrespro.ru wrote:

> But if you debug function ExecCheckPermissions and look into what is passed
> to function (contents of rangeTable and rteperminfos to be exact),
> you'll see some strange behaviour:

> Both of RangeTableEntries have a perminfoindex of 0 and simultaneously have
> a RTEPERMISSIONINFO entry for them!

Ouch.  Yeah, that's not great.  As you say, it doesn't really affect
anything, and we know full well that these RTEs are ad-hoc
manufactured.  But as we claim that we still pass the RTEs for the
benefit of hooks, then we should at least make them match.

I think we should also patch ExecCheckPermissions to use forboth(),
scanning the RTEs as it goes over the perminfos, and make sure that the
entries are consistent.