Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-02-03 22:01:09 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I've added a test case under src/modules/delay_execution by adding a
> new ExecutorStart_hook that works similarly as
> delay_execution_planner().  The test works by allowing a concurrent
> session to drop an object being referenced in a cached plan being
> initialized while the ExecutorStart_hook waits to get an advisory
> lock.  The concurrent drop of the referenced object is detected during
> ExecInitNode() and thus triggers replanning of the cached plan.
>
> I also fixed a bug in the ExplainExecuteQuery() while testing and some comments.

The tests seem to frequently hang on freebsd:
https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest%2F42%2F3478

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations are accessed in a transaction
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc?